Thursday, March 7, 2013

Warm Cinnamon Bites


Warm Cinnamon Bites

I made these for dessert last night after intending to do it for like a week and a half. I don't know what I was waiting for. I had them put together in like 5 minutes or less (because I already have cinnamon-sugar mixed up for my cinnamon-sugar toast obsessed child) and they were so delicious! I had two, which was 3 points, then I had to walk away because if I stood there, I would have kept eating. However, I did find myself wandering back over later because I had quite a few points left after dinner last night, so I ended up with 4 altogether!!! This is a new go-to dessert!!! These would also work as a sweet breakfast snack, as my child was begging for one this morning I realized that cinnamon rolls are a breakfast food as well!

Ingredients:
8 oz. reduced fat crescent rolls
4 teaspoons sugar-cinnamon
½ c. powdered sugar
2 tsp. milk
 
Directions:
1.   Preheat oven to 375.
2.   Unroll crescent and separate into 2 squares (4 crescents each). Press perforations together as best you can to make two squares. Sprinkle 2 tsp of cinnamon-sugar on each square.
3.   Roll up one section at a time, starting on the longer side and press firmly to eliminate air pockets. Pinch seams to seal. Cut each roll into 10 slices, a total of 20 slices for the whole recipe.
4.   Place rolls on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
5.   While baking, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk and when rolls are golden brown, remove from the oven and drizzle evenly with icing.  

(store in an airtight container and microwave for a few seconds before eating again later)

Yields 20 servings – WWP+ 1 point each or 3 points for 2 

***I don’t know where the original recipe came from. I feel bad not giving credit where credit is due, but when I printed it from online, it didn’t print a web address with it, and I don't remember where I found it. Although I remember the girl saying that her mom got it from a weight watchers meeting, so I guess in the end we credit Weight Watchers.***

No comments:

Post a Comment