Sunday, February 3, 2013

Enchilada Cupcakes


Enchilada Cupcakes
 
I thought I would once again get a jump on things and get this recipe out before it shows up on the meal plan for this week. The meals that I planned for Monday and Wednesday this week are ones that I am making on my own, and don't have the recipes written down yet. I will do my best to get them written down as soon as I can after they are made for those of you wanting to follow my meal plan this week. I love these cupcake recipes using the wonton wrappers! The possibilities are endless and I'm really excited about using this idea to create some of my own as well! These enchilada cupcakes can end up being as spicy as or mild as you prefer, it's totally up to you!
Ingredients:
2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced or shredded
½ c. enchilada sauce (whatever spiciness you prefer)
2 scallions, sliced
16 wonton wrappers
4 oz. 2% shredded Colby jack cheese
*1 T diced green chilis – I leave this out, but if you like spicy, put it in 

Directions:
1.   Preheat oven to 375, spray 8 cups in a muffin tin.
2.   In a bowl, combine chicken, enchilada sauce, scallions, and chilis (if you’re using them). Stir well to combine.
3.   Put 1 wonton wrapper in each of the 8 cups. Divide chicken mixture in half, using 1 of the halves, evenly divide chicken into the 8 cups. Using 2 oz. of the cheese, divide evenly among the cups. Layer each cupcake with another wonton wrapper and repeat steps. Divide remaining chicken among the cups evenly and remaining cheese on top.
4.   Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cook a few minutes before removing (important…otherwise they kinda fall apart).  

Yields 8 servings – WWP+ 4 per serving.

(Pictured above with a 2 point salad – lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms, 2 T of low fat shredded cheese and 2 T of fat free Caesar dressing)

Adapted from a recipe from Emily Bites

No comments:

Post a Comment